It’s summer and most, if not all, are planning some vacation time with their families. Having toured this country so many times, here are ten hottest places to go to this summer.
20. Montalban, Rizal. A few kilometers away from Metro Manila, this municipality boasts of pristine forests, mountains and hills. There’s a cave where Andres Bonifacio and the Katipuneros first announced their rebellion against the Spaniards. Nearby, there’s the La Mesa dam where you can do some rock climbing and other fun activities.
19. Puerto Azul Beach Resort. During Marcos time, Puerto Azul enjoyed the distinction as one of the top destinations of stressed Manila-based executives. What’s good about Puerto Azul, it has a nice pool at the Clubhouse, very near the beach. Its just about 2-3 hours drive. Just take the Gen. Aguinaldo route. It’s easier.
18. Nasugbu, Batangas. What can I say? When you take the Tagaytay road enroute to Nasugbu, you’ll definitely enjoy it. There are so many fine beaches this side of Batangas. I’ll not recommend one. Just pick whatever you like.
17. Matabungkay Beach resort. Like Puerto Azul, the pool here is very near the beach. The beach is better than Puerto’s. About 3-hour drive.
16. Sierra Madre Resort (Tanay Rizal). This ubiquious place is becoming popular especially those who want to enjoy fresh mountain air and cool waters. The resort boasts of a mini-golf course, excellent food and great scenery. The wind here is cool. And its reasonable. An hour and a half drive using Marcos highway in Antipolo.
17. Tanay Rizal. Tanay boasts of lush mountains, streams, rivers, waterfalls and great food. Go the route of Marcos highway in Antipolo. Go past Cogeo and just drive straight. You’ll find that you’re in different scenery when you reach Tanay.
16. Little Baguio, Quezon Province. Between the boundary of Tanay and Quezon, there’s a place called Little Baguio. And truly, this place is heavenly. It’s like you’re in Mountain Province. The road is not that good though. It’s very cool, very clean and very out of this world. But, man, the place is totally awesome!
15. La Union. If you want to go swim in the finest beaches in this side of the world, go to San Fernando La Union. Enuf said!
14. Thunderbird, Taytay-Angono. Want to know what our ancestors did some thousands of years ago? Go to Angono and visit the Angono cave. You’ll find some hieroglyphs there, written by early Filipinos. What’s so good about this place is it’s inside the Thunderbird casino. The place boasts of a world class golf course (Eastridge) and the place is quite wonderful.
13. Tagaytay Highlands. If you have a friend who’s a member of Tagaytay Highlands, ask him or her to give you a guest card. You’ll enjoy your trip there. Tagaytay Highlands is complete with excellent world class facilities. If you can afford to sleep the night there, do it. Different adventure altogether.
12. Benguet, Mountain Province. Want to forget all your worries? Visit this place. It’s out-of-this world. And you’ll get to enjoy that trip to that heavenly post.
11. Bolinao, Pangasinan. It’s a five and a half hour trip going there, but my man, the place rivals that of Boracay!
10. Calatagan, Batangas. What can I say? The place boasts of nice beaches and historical landmarks. Go to Sunset Beach resort. Sleep there for a night.
9. Jala-Jala, Rizal. This is just a few kilometers away yet this island is lovely. One of the nicest places on earth.
8. Santiago Cove Beach resort. Owned by the Singsons, you’ll reach it before Vigan, Ilocos Sur. The resort has complete facilities. It has a very nice beach.
7. Iba, Zambales. The entire Zambales province is a place to explore. Fine, white sand and mountains. You’ll love it. Drive up to Subic.
6. Pearl Farm, Davao. This resort is one of the most beautiful places in the Philippines.
5. Puerto Princesa, Palawan. Underground river, crocodile farm, etal, are just some of the things you’ll enjoy here.
4. Guimaras. Guimaras boasts of wonderful things to see and explore and it’s not just swimming in its fine, lovely beaches, or seeing that awesome sunset. Guimaras is much, much more.
3. Batanes. The charm of this idyllic island still continues to evoke strong emotions.
2. Vigan, Ilocos Sur. Though it is a modern provincial city already, there are still some traditional things which remains. Still worth every peso.
1. Pagudpod, Ilocos Norte. Great drive since you’ll have the chance to drive along coastlines. Visit old towers and get to discover