Celso delos Angeles Jr. should be stripped of his wealth, says Senate

March 10, 2009 § Leave a comment

False Angel-es

False Angel-es

Senators Mar Roxas, Pong Biazon and Juan Ponce-Enrile did a great job yesterday during the hearing on the Legacy Bank and pre-need fund scams.

Enrile was brilliant when he suggested that the SEC and the BSP go after all of Celso delos Angeles Jr.’s properties, especially that 200 million peso house he tried to sell to one of the senator’s friends.

Collusion was established between some officials of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Legacy owner Celso delos Angeles Jr. when two (2) former Legacy executives implicated SEC Commissioner Martinez as the official who received a house and lot and one Ford Expedition from Boy Sese.

One Legacy official also tagged Paranaque Representative Ed Zialcita who reportedly receives 100,000 pesos per month as “consultancy fees” from De Los Angeles Jr. The monies given to Zialcita already amounted to 1.8 million pesos.

EdZA says he's being made a foil

EdZA says he's being made a foil

It was also established that Zialcita and SEC Commissioner Martinez are second cousins. This implies that Zialcita probably also benefitted from the “fruit of the poisonous” Legacy tree.

What has not been mentioned so far are the so-called ties of Delos Angeles to Speaker Prospero Nograles who admitted having a 17 million peso interest in the Legacy banks. Nograles said that he was a silent investor in Boy Sese’s banks. If this is true, Nograles has one of the biggest investments in the scam. He should be invited for questioning also.

Former senator Robert Jaworski’s name was also mentioned, along with Vice President Noli de Castro’s. De Castro, as reports and records would show, knew Mr. Delos Angeles Jr. since his broadcaster days over at ABS-CBN. When Boy Sese was operating his illegal numbers game in Marikina and Rizal, de Castro was allegedly seen having lunch and dinners with him.

The question in everybody’s mind is—how deep will this probe go? Would it go up to De Castro even? Or, it will just settle with Zialcita, who defended himself by alleging that he’s being made a foil to protect the interests of other government officials implicated in this monumental scam.

Vice President Noli de Castro already said his piece and nothing was ever mentioned in the newspapers about his complicity behind the Legacy scam.

Remember that Noli de Castro heads the housing department of the government. How many housing units did the Legacy banks tried to finance using Legacy pre-need funds? That should be investigated as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

What’s this?

You are currently reading Celso delos Angeles Jr. should be stripped of his wealth, says Senate at Pinoy Observer.

meta

%d bloggers like this: